Thursday, August 30, 2012

That whole job thing...

    I feel like since school has started I really don't have anything to terribly exciting to say. I haven't been trying new wonderful recipes or cooking gourmet dinners or anything. I really haven't even been exercising or even doing anything super productive. I have been maintaining our lifestyle changes and losing weight. I was stuck at 20 lbs of weight loss for what seemed like a month, and now the scale numbers are slowly starting to come back down again.
     We also started baseball with Jonah the week that I went back to school....because I'm crazy, that's why. I am pretty excited about the fact that even though we've been ridiculously busy, we have not become restaurant addicts again. I didn't realize seriously how much we ate out until we stopped. We do Starbucks still, but I get a tea that is only 1/2 sweetened (that's really really good for an almost reformed sweet tea addict).
    We have got to get a snack system down for Jonah between school and baseball. On Wednesdays and Fridays he goes from 7:45 when he leaves until 5 at school and then from 6-7:30 at baseball. We are also working out of our nap time routine too since the big pre-k kids get a 30 min rest time and we all know Jonah's not going to sleep unless someone makes him, so the naps are gone, but he does go to sleep faster at night. I am still amazed at how much healthier he is. I think he's going through a permanent growth spurt because he eats all the time...all the time! He eats just about anything, so at least he's not picky. Tonight he ate salmon, rice and peas so I guess I can't complain. He's loving his new class and having one of his favorite teachers back. He talks constantly about what Ms. Sinquefield says and what they dressed Chandler the frog in for the day and things like that. He's growing like crazy and changing every day into a boy instead of a baby.
   School is going well. Already this year I am ridiculously attached to some of my kids. My heart breaks for some of them so so much already. I have kids dealing with every family situation imaginable and with terminal illness of a family and all sorts of other crazy things. Pray for them....all of them. Kids shouldn't have to endure all of the sadness of this world. My classroom is up and running now. We've already covered 2 of the skills for the year in the first week and will be going this fast the rest of the year. I'm a little amazed their heads don't explode.
   There's my mini-update on all of our chaos. I'm hoping to get back to blogging more regularly once I get settled into my school routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment