Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Competition

    For those of you who don't know me, I think it's only fair to warn you that I'm a teensie tiny bit competitive. Just a little bit...Nothing too serious...I definitely don't have a permanent bend in my nose because I tried to take someone out to get a Bunco or anything. I'm pretty sure they stopped doing challenges at our faculty meetings for jeans passes because the teachers from our LC were so crazy competitive, that we really didn't lose very often at all. I'm not 100% sure that's the reason...but I know that at least 3/4 of us had to take a calm collective breath if we lost...it just wasn't pretty.

   Jonah played t-ball at the YMCA 2 years ago and he really liked the hitting and the running and the throwing...he did not like the standing or the waiting or the catching, but we pretty much chalked it up to he was only 2 (he turned 3 before the end of the season) and moved on with our lives and planned to let him play again the next year. Well registration came around, and I kept meaning to do it, but it never happened. I missed it...and I got crap about being the slacker parent for a good solid 6 months.

    My time for redemption has come! Fall Ball is here, and Jonah is big enough to play in the real little league instead of the YMCA (Yes, I already registered him, I'm not stupid enough to post a blog about it first, because then it's guaranteed that I will forget about it completely). I'm all about everyone getting to play (and they all do in this league), but if it's not his thing, lets go ahead and figure it out and move on and find out what his thing is. I'm not a huge fan of the everyone wins every time model if you can't tell. The problem comes in with me. I don't like to lose...and neither does Jason or Jonah for that matter. I am slightly terrified of becoming crazy over the top baseball mom who takes other kids out at the knee. I wouldn't really do that...I teach in the same district that the baseball league is in. Jonah has to do a draft for the league on the 11th, and I'm seriously a bit concerned that he'll place in the bottom of the draft...and if he does, that's ok because he's in the youngest age range of his bracket, please remind me that I said this if he does. Also remind me that he is 4...and not going to the world series next year... and to keep my crazy in check regularly :-) Also, please remind Jonah...that first base is to the right :-)

Random side note: Dinner tonight was spinach tamales from the farmers market. Yum! Even better is the fact that I didn't have to cook them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment