Thursday, August 2, 2012

It finally happened!

 It finally happened....I realized at about 2 that I had no desire to cook dinner and I didn't have a plan to get dinner into the family.

   We went to Calico Dairy this morning and had a really really good time with 4 other mama's and lots of little boys (and a lone baby girl). They were all about rocks and poop and all sorts of other boy things...and Matt Hines (the Logistics Manager for the farm) gave us a great tour and let us meet some of the cows and see the milking area and even pet brand new baby cows.



   After our farm trip, we went to Chick Fil A and had lunch...definitely nice to be able to enjoy adult conversation while the boys played in the play place. I am looking forward to getting back to school and having my kiddos back every day, but more then that, having adults to interact with on a daily basis between 7:30 am and 5:30 will be awesome :-)

   Speaking of back to school....Today the 6th grade math department came over to work on our curriculum for the first 9 weeks. I made a wonderful fruit platter to snack on and I have the most self disciplined food eaters ever that I work with....almost the whole thing was completely in tact when they left...It's ok though...Jonah will annihilate any leftover fruit.

    Which brings me to dinner....I didn't want to cook...not even a little bit. Fortunately, Chicken tenders defrost really quickly. I pulled out some chicken tenders, marinated them in the homemade barbeque sauce from last week and then sliced up some squash. I threw it on the grill and called it good. I figured I should probably make another vegetable, and then saw some leftover asparagus from a few days ago and threw that in the steamer and dinner was done!

   Random side note...Please keep Jonah in your prayers. He is covered in eczema....covered...probably worse then I have ever seen it. He got a bunch of mosquito bites at Schlitterbahn the other day and it just all flared up from then. I'm not convinced it's not some other sort of rash, but it's not on his belly at all and it all went out from the mosquito bites. Pray for healing for my sweet boy...it's so frustrating when he was doing so so good...He needs some relief.

1 comment: