Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Slowly headed back to the real world


Today was my first glimpse into what the real world is like...just a tiny glimpse...I got up this morning with Jason, made breakfast and put a chicken in the crock pot (A SUPER easy crock pot recipe with not very many ingredients at all that my neighbors saw and thought of us) and was out the door by 7:30. It's not as early as I need to be out the door for school, and I still am missing an exercise component that I would like to have in my mornings, but it was something. I ran some errands and went to school to get my classroom started. When I got to school, I got some of the stuff off of my tables and put where it goes...then had lunch....which I had packed a head of time from the lemon salmon a couple of days ago and had a healthy lunch without much effort at all. I finished up at school and came home to finish my yogurt project (which gets its own post). The chicken was already done in the crock pot at 3 so I left it on warm for a few hours and it was juicy enough to not dry out. It literally fell off the bone. Loving my Yonder Way Farm chicken!

Crock Pot Chicken and Carrots:

1 whole chicken rinsed and seasoned with salt and pepper
1/2 cup of diced onions
1/2 cup of diced carrots
Fresh thyme
1 lemon, juiced.

Put all ingredients in the crock pot and set on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours...that's it...you're done...awesome dinner ready when you get home. I steamed some green beans and my friend Diane made a fruit salad and she and Rod came over and we had a ::gasp:: KID FREE DINNER! It was very very exciting.


And then afterwards......Jason and Rod did the dishes :-) Don't they look ridiculously happy to be doing the dishes??? It's because Diane begged to go to Yogurt Worx as soon as Jonah got home so they were all very excited. 






No comments:

Post a Comment