Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Breakfast around these parts

I will be the absolute first to admit it....I don't like Greek Yogurt. I have strange texture issues... I don't like guacamole either. The downside to this is that Greek Yogurt is ridiculously healthy....serious dilemma. I have found a solution. I take about half a cup of greek yogurt, then add half a banana sliced up with some blueberries and strawberries and then throw in about 1/8 of a cup of granola. It manages to cover up the gross texture of the yogurt and still get the health benefits of it. Yay me!

Jason is not as easily convinced... This morning he had eggs with some strawberry habenero salsa with some cilantro and onions along with some berries on the side. We made our first farm fresh co-op pickup yesterday. We started small with a gallon of raw milk, a carton of eggs, some chicken wings (I let Jonah pick out something), a whole chicken and a roast. I am allergic to eggs and Jonah's not a huge fan (he tests positive to an allergy for them so even though I've never seen him react, I'm not going to push it for now), so Jason's the only one who gets that benefit. He really likes having eggs every day and I think as long as I keep mixing in something new every day he'll be good to go.

Jonah is the best breakfast eater we have. He goes through a bowl of fruit, some milk and some yogurt just about every day and is ready to go.

I am actually running out of food for the first time in a long time. Not because it's gone bad, but because I'm actually using the food that I've bought instead of eating out regularly. The farmers market is on Saturday and that's where I have been getting just about all of our food from (short of a trip to Trader Joes about once every 10 days). Where do you go to get farm fresh food in the middle of the week?? I googled it (because I'm a perfectly logical person who googles everything) and you go to the mall. Our mall has a farmers market on Wednesday afternoons...who would've guessed. So Jonah and I will be making a farmers market run this afternoon along with a TJ's run to get some more turkey bacon/ chicken sausage. I'll be working on some homemade chicken wings this afternoon...If they come out like I'm hoping they will I'll post the recipe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment