Sunday, October 21, 2012

More family? Yes, please.


My stepmom is a night owl and was able to find the pictures I was looking for. My dad's family is a much smaller bunch, so it has a much different dynamic. My dad is an only child so I don't have any cousins on that side, so family gatherings are way way different on one side of the family then the other. Jonah is the only great grandchild on that side and will be until we have another one (hopefully) or until my sister has a baby (which should be a while still). He is pretty much the rockstar of the family and my Nana pretty much thinks he hung the moon...which he did, so I don't see the confusion there. There's not much that brings her more life then Jonah running laps through her house and making up goofy dances on the spot. It makes me laugh to see her laugh.
   My dad and I have not always had the closest relationship through my teenage years. Part of it is that I lived 1000 miles away and part of it is just that sometimes kids have a battle with their parents through their teenage years. My dad and I don't see eye to eye on every single issue in the world, but we have a mutual respect about just about everything. I'm pretty confident that my dad thinks I can do no wrong. My step mom and my dad got married when I was an older teenager (17, I think) and she is a great balancer for him. They compliment each other well. She is more of a realist with my sister and I then my dad is able to be (basically she's not nearly as soft with us as he is, we can talk him into almost anything). I am blessed to have 4 people to call parents who all would do or give whatever they could to make sure that I am as successful in life in all aspects as possible. I am also blessed to have those same four people who love Jonah more then anything else in the world. There's not much more that I could ask for for my son. I am blessed :-)

1 comment: